Put Your Smile in the Hands of Board Certified Orthodontic Specialist!
Vestal Orthodontist, that specializes in Invisalign Orthodontics in Vestal including Adolescent Orthodontics in Vestal
- Dr. David Muench graduated from Babylon High School in 1979 and earned his Bachelor of Science (BS), with honors in Biology, from Ursinus College in 1983.
- He received a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from SUNY Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine in 1987.
- In 1988, he continued his training in General Dentistry at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, where he gained extensive experience in maxillofacial trauma and anesthesia.
- After practicing general dentistry for one year, he pursued specialty training in Orthodontics at The University of Rochester Eastman Department of Dentistry, and became a Certified Orthodontic Specialist in 1991.
A strong interest in children born with birth defects led Dr Muench to accept a one-year Craniofacial Orthodontic Fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, in 1992. There he received extensive training in the management of complex facial deformities under the guidance of world-renowned physicians and dentists. In 1994, he completed an additional two years of Advanced Training in Pediatric Dentistry at Baylor College of Dentistry.
Between 1994 and 1996, Dr. Muench was a full-time Assistant Professor of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry at The University of Rochester Eastman Department of Dentistry. He was the director of the Dentofacial Deformities Clinic and Co-Director of the Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Dysmorphology Clinic. He continued to teach part-time until 2003.
Dr. Muench is a member of many professional organizations including:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- American Dental Association and New York State Dental Association
- Sixth District Dental Society and Broome County Dental Society
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American College of Legal Medicine
- National Board of Orthodontics
- Past president of the Upstate New York Damon Orthodontic Study Club and a lecturer at numerous dental society meetings, universities, and dental study clubs.
As a member of the National Board of Orthodontics, Dr. Muench completed several important additional steps beyond his basic orthodontic education. Patients can be confident he has achieved the highest level of certification and peer recognition within the speciality of Orthodontics.