June 1st – Update for Patients
We are thrilled to announce that we are OPEN! We cannot wait to welcome you back to our office. View our updated Health and Safety measures below, we look forward to seeing you soon!
May 19th – Update For Patients
We have received many questions on how we are meeting (and exceeding!) health and safety compliances once open again. We have updated our list of precautions below to include the level of detail needed to help our patients feel both secure and safe in our office. Please let us know any specific questions you may have!
MUENCH ORTHODONTICS COVID-19 SAFETY PLAN
New Patient Check-In System
- A sign will be placed in the parking lot instructing all patients to remain in their cars upon arrival
- Patients are to call-in to confirm their arrival
- Only patients will be allowed in the office
- Patients will enter only when called-in by a staff member
- All patients will enter and exit through separate areas of the office
Increased Levels of Patient Protection
- All patients must submit a Pre-Appointment Questionnaire found on our website
- Temperature screenings will be conducted upon entry into the office
- All patients will complete of a second Questionnaire upon entry
- Patients must wear a mask into the office and until seated
- Patients will be provided a mask if they don’t have one
- We will continue to offer virtual consultations/check-ins to maintain social distancing
Increased Levels of Staff Protection
- All staff will have COVID-19 testing prior to the office reopening
- Staff will have temperature checks each morning
- Staff will complete a COVID-19 Questionnaire each morning
- Staff showing signs or symptoms will be told to go home and get re-tested
- Staff will don protective goggles, masks, gloves, surgical gowns, and surgical scrubs
- Staff will receive increased safety training on an ongoing basis
Facility Modifications and Safety Equipment
- The waiting room and check-in/out counters will be closed off to all patients
- Dental chairs will be covered in disposable plastic barriers
- Computer keyboards and counter tops will be covered with barrier plastic
- As much as possible equipment and supplies will be stored in cabinets
- New & Improved Portable HVE Equipment: The “Handler Suction System” helps manage droplets and aerosols given off during use of high-speed dental handpieces
We feel these increased safety measures will further protect the health of our patients and staff. If you have any questions, please call us at 607-203-2362. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces again!
May 1st – Update For Patients
We’ve missed seeing our patients’ beautiful smiles and we cannot wait to welcome you into our office again. We will keep you updated when we are able to reopen!
Although we’re always focused on the health and safety of our patients, we want you to know that we’ve taken enhanced measures to protect your well-being while you’re in our office.
When you come in for your next appointment, you will notice the following new procedures:
- Temperature screening of patients & staff
- Our staff will be wearing face shields, N95 respirators, projective goggles, face masks, gloves & gowns
- UV light sanitation boxes for enhanced sterilization of equipment & devices
- Custom plastic sneeze guards at all our check-in & check out areas
- The ADS Extraoral Dental Suction HVE equipment – helps manage the droplets and aerosols given off by much of the dental equipment used in day-to-day dentistry
- New Check-In System – For enhanced social distancing, you will text us upon arrival & wait in your car until we’re ready to see you in the office. We will have a sidewalk sign for specific instruction
- Increased safety training for staff
- Virtual consultations – we will continue to use the virtual platform for new patients & existing patients
We feel these increased safety measures will further protect the health of our patients and staff. If you have any questions, please call us at 607-785-3005. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces again!
April 7th – Update For Patients
March 27th – Update For Patients
Following recommendations from the American Dental Association and the “Stay at Home” Order, our office will be closed until Monday, April 20th, in response to the spread of the coronavirus disease, COVID-19, across the country.
We are proudly offering treatment check-ins for existing patients, and new patient consultations, online, so we can continue providing our patients with the personalized, top-rated orthodontic care they need. To schedule a consultation by phone or video, please click here.
March 20th – Update For Patients
Muench Orthodontics will be closed until Monday, April 6, 2020 due to the Coronavirus outbreak. The American Dental Association has recommended that all elective dental procedures, including orthodontics, be postponed for the next two weeks. We feel that it is in the best interest of our patients and our team if we limit services for the time being in order to reduce the risk of exposure.
Muench Orthodontics will continue to be available for those having orthodontic emergencies. If you have an emergency, you may call or text Dr. Muench directly at 607-346-4916.
As we work toward getting things back to normal, we hope you and your family remain safe during this time.