Meet 5-Star Rated Vestal Orthodontist, Dr. David Muench of Muench Orthodontics
Over 13,000 Smiles Transformed With Dr. Muench In Vestal, Endicott, Binghamton, Endwell, Johnson City, Apalachin, Owego, Newark Valley, Harpursville, Windsor & Broome County, New York (NY)
Put Your Smile in the Hands of a Dual-Certified Orthodontist and Pediatric Dentist in Vestal, New York (NY)!
- Dr. David Muench graduated from Babylon High School in 1979 and earned his Bachelor of Science (BS), with honors in Biology, from Ursinus College in 1983.
- He received a Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) from SUNY Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine in 1987.
- In 1988, he completed a General Practice Residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York, where he gained extensive experience in maxillofacial trauma and anesthesia.
- After practicing general dentistry for one year, Dr. Muench pursued specialty training in Orthodontics at The University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health, becoming a Certified Orthodontic Specialist in 1991.
A strong interest in children born with birth defects led Dr. Muench to complete a one-year Craniofacial Orthodontic Fellowship at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, in 1992. There he received extensive training in the management of complex facial deformities under the guidance of world-renowned physicians and dentists. In 1994, he completed an additional two years of Advanced Training in Pediatric Dentistry at Baylor College of Dentistry, becoming a Certified Pediatric Dentist.
Between 1994 and 1996, Dr. Muench was a full-time Assistant Professor of Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry at The University of Rochester Eastman Institute for Oral Health. He was the director of the Dentofacial Deformities Clinic and Co-Director of the Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Dysmorphology Clinic. He continued to teach part-time until 2003.
Dr. Muench is a member of many professional organizations including:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- New York State Society of Orthodontists
- New York State Dental Association
- Sixth District Dental Society
- Broome County Dental Society
- National Board of Orthodontics
Dr. Muench is past president of the Upstate New York Damon Orthodontic Study Club. He is currently serving as treasurer for the Broome County Dental Society. Dr. Muench is also the current Secretary-Treasurer, and member of the board of directors, for the New York State Society of Orthodontists. He has lectured at numerous dental society meetings, universities, and dental study clubs.
As a member of the National Board of Orthodontics, Dr. Muench completed several important additional steps beyond his basic orthodontic education. Patients can be confident he has achieved the highest level of certification and peer recognition within the specialty of Orthodontics.
Come and experience Muench Orthodontics! You will see we offer quality orthodontic treatment to patients in and around Vestal, Endicott, Binghamton, Endwell, Johnson City, Apalachin, Owego, Newark Valley, Harpursville, Windsor and Broome County, New York (NY). I look forward to talking with you soon!